Friday, November 07, 2008

I'm bored!

I used to stay silent in social events and when gathered with strangers and people I meet for the first time. Then I read a book entitled “How to have a beautiful mind” as well as many other articles about how to conduct an interesting conversation or even an ordinary conversation with people you meet for the first time, have nothing in common etc. Since then I’ve been practicing my recently-learnt skills whenever I’ve a chance; sometimes they work out and other times they just don’t. Unfortunately, so far this is a trip in which they don’t work out. We’re somehow an un harmonized group of people who happen to work together. We’re of different ages, backgrounds, cultures, and even languages. Though, I believe that such diversity can make things better and really enriches conversations. I tried to start talks more than once; asking open questions, talking about the weather etc. but then I gave up. The thing is that, in any restaurant where we go to have lunch or dinner, they don’t serve food immediately and serve it on intervals. I think that this is done on purpose so that people can have time to chat and catch each others news. There is only one social person who eats with us occasionally. He’s Syrian (this is an obvious reason to like him whether he talks or not:)) and speaks German, so he’s somehow the connecting ring when Germans are with us. Things are really better when he’s around. I believe that you’re now as bored as I’m; sorry if I conveyed the negative feeling :( I’m planning to do an extraordinary thing soon that should blow all the boredom away. Wait for the surprise :)



12/10/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment