Friday, November 28, 2008

Cycling

The interesting thing I was planning to do was to rent a bicycle and go around Nordhorn on it. I did rent one but just for a couple of hours and rode it with the only colleague who is the same age as me. I’ve not ridden a bicycle for more than 4 years, so at first I almost fell off once or twice then I took control over it. The great thing is that there are special lanes for bicycles (even on high roads) as well as special traffic lights. As for the traffic lights I noticed that pedestrians and bicycles drivers are treated the same way. Anyway, all this means that you can always drive safely especially if you aren’t an expert just like me. But still I avoided crowded areas because I didn’t want to hit someone or make a traffic violation for my first time in Germany! I’m not talking with much enthusiasm as I expected myself to be because the ride wasn’t up to my expectations; mainly because of the company! I felt that I was fulfilling some sort of duty instead of having fun. Next time (as if there would be a next time :)), I’ll make sure to have a more amusing company.











The back bassinet is for little babies :)









Germany
15/10/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment