Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tuesday 9th Feb 2011 One-million Man March


I joined the crowds today…I wasn’t a hero because I didn’t stand in the front lines on the very first days and had weapons pointed against me. I wasn’t a hero because I didn’t stand in the front lines and threw stones to defend my colleagues and protect our national treasures in the Egyptian Museum. I wasn’t a hero because I wasn’t kidnapped by the authorities because of my love and care for my country. I wasn’t a hero because I stood in the square for a couple of hours listening to the patriotic songs and revolutionists talking and then went home to have a nice meal and a warm bed. I may have contributed, by standing there, to the million-man march. I may have given the revolutionists hope that we are still with them. I may have lessened my feel of guilt by being just a “Couch-protester”. I may have put away the charge of being one of the silent millions who are counted to be pro-regime. I may have something to tell my children of where I was during the revolution, while reading history with them. But I’ve never done enough and there are a lot to do for this revolution, which I sometimes have problems calling it “our” revolution because I’ve not shared in it, to make it really successful and to finally achieve its aims. Don’t stand silent; don’t betray these youth; don’t give up on them; don’t use them as a hanger for all your problems, which but for them will continue forever. Sacrifice with some of your time to reach your work because the square is closed; sacrifice some of your mental power to read, understand, and distinguish the truth from the lies; sacrifice some of your income, which might have been affected because it is all in the hands of God and finally pray for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment