Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Cartoons Fuss

I don't know why did Muslims make all this fuss about the cartoons that insult prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him. I see my Muslim brothers and sisters keeping their mouths shut about their bad living conditions, state suppression, and violation of human rights everyday. They didn't feel angry when their leaders starved them in order to increase money in their accounts. They didn't feel angry when they or one of their relatives or friends was tortured by the security agents in their countries. They didn't feel angry when they didn't find proper food, clean water or decent transportation means. They didn't feel angry when their leaders stayed in their thrones for ever. They didn't feel angry when most of their youth stayed unemployed. They didn't feel angry when the rents and costs of living went up for no reason. They didn’t feel angry when journalists were jailed and tortured and free speech oppressed. none of this made them angry, but when some maniac in Denmark finds nothing to male fun of but our prophet they get furious and for the first time they all unite on one aim; boycotting Dutch products. I do feel offended by the insult to our prophet, but I feel much worse because of the difficulties I face everyday in my country just to pass the day and live on the fringe of life. I just hope that Muslims has learnt the power of unity from all this fuss about the cartoons, so that next time they feel angry, they turn their anger into something positive, but I hope they choose a better target this time for their anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment