Friday, July 23, 2010

The 23rd of July Revolution

For many people this day pass unnoticed, especially when it coincides with a normal off day (Friday and Saturday) and so the government doesn't make it an official day off. However, in our family we usually celebrate this day even by just listening to the old patriotic songs. However, this year we did something new which is trying to explain what a "Revolution" means to my almost 5 years old nephews. I won't claim that I was very successful in conveying the concept but at least at the end one of them decided to be a Warrior so that he can defend the country if the bad guys got to rule again. I resisted the desire to tell him that we actually need his efforts now because this would have taken me into a long conversation with them that you never knows how it can end :)

So, let's not forget and download these songs today and share it with your family and friends:

http://music.nghmat.com/song_2_1530.html

P.S. I strongly recommend (الجيل الصاعد، الوطن الكبير، و صوت الجماهير)as they fit the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment