Monday, October 06, 2008

A quarter century old

P.S. I wrote this on my last birthday and have just thought to share it with you

A quarter century old


Today is my 25th birthday. I prefer to say that I’m quarter a century old; it makes me feel the wisdom of my age :). My friends believe that 25 years are too much; especially because I’m not married or engaged or currently involved in a relationship. Lately marriage and relationships in general has been the dominant topic for our discussions during brakes at work. During such discussions you can hear the most weird opinions and situations. Most of my friends can’t wait to get married or at least get engaged. They believe that we’re approaching a critical age and have limited time to get married and be able to have enough kids! Though this isn’t true at all, at least from the medical perspective as women can have a very healthy pregnancy till the age of 35 or so. Though they may be right, if we adopted the society point of view. As from this point of view we are indeed too old! I can’t say that I’m not looking forward to being involved in a relationship. Many times I feel that I need someone to share my life with. Someone to share my thoughts, activities and dreams. Some one to discuss with the latest book I’ve read while having 2 cups of coffee in the morning. Someone like that angham talks about in her lovely song “Elalak 7ad”. Sometimes I just miss having someone to complete my sentences :). The good thing is that I don’t let these feelings be the centre of my life. I believe that everyone should have a life of his/her own first and should be able to enjoy such life in order to be able to share it with another one and have a healthy relationship. The presence of good and near friends can really decrease the times when I feel lonely. As the one with whom I’d like to share my life should be my friend before being anyone else. I believe that as the one gets older he/she can have a healthier and more successful relationship. I recall that in high school I used to tell my friends that I want to get married when I’m 30 years old or so such that by then I’d have experienced life perfectly well and would be able to build a successful relationship. I’m taking back these words now; I’ve all the experience required :). It really doesn’t matter how many years have passed; what really matters is what you’ve done in these years. I believe that I’ve done quite a good deal of achievements. But as my ambitions are usually very high, I’m not always satisfied. This is a bad thing actually. I’ve just read an article saying that every achievement no matter how small should be celebrated and that people shouldn’t set too high standards for themselves such that whatever they do they aren’t satisfied and say that they could have done better. Anyhow, I’ve really enjoyed my birthday this year. I think that I’m on the right track and should just keep the good work. You too do your best to get yourselves on the right track :).

Moey 29/5/2008

3 comments:

  1. Salam
    hey there Happy BirthDay that actually Passed,,Happy BirthDat that even we didnt know each other In past,Happy BirthDay just like that,,I hit up your Blog accidentally and I didnt read for you often but your Post must takes all the appreciation it already took
    we may almost same ages but I fount my sweet intimate and we have engaged Lately,,and Yes the color of life and the taste of our souls completely change,But let me whisper in your ears,,Let the self and the experience take the chance to catch someOne right,,I dont say become easy going and empty character to pick whoEver!! no,I meant to understand every single chance could allow you to reach to correct Person
    And may Allah bless you and protect your life and surround you with all your right hopes and dreams come true
    please take care
    "your new friend Ahmad"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Really I liked the way you are writing. I stopped at one point that you said "I'll marry at 30s when I have enough exp. ..". the point is you will get the exp. in every thing except the experience that you need, which is the marriage experience you will get only after you marry.
    medon1964@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cast Away,

    Thanks for your comment and appreciation. It really made me happy. Unfortunately due to some technical problems on the website, your comment couldn't be published. If you like you may try to send it again. You're most welcome as a new friend.

    ReplyDelete