Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Face of a Palestinian child


I wonder how can the arab leaders sleep at night after seeing photos like this on daily basis through satellite channels.

This is the picture of two Palestinian kids injured in an israeli raid that killed another 3 children and injured 13 civilians. The israeli alleged that the raid was aimed at a car transporting suspected militants.

The face of the naked child, which appeared on Al Arabiya screen crying while doctors tried to help him, is tormenting me and I can't stop a chill and ache in my heart that I feel since I saw it. I wish there was something I could do to help. Something other than words and condemnation. I feel furious because I'm helpless, and I have notning to offer this kid and his fellow palestinian brothers.

Since seeing his little face washed in tears, I lost the ability to go on with my everyday tasks as before. I could recognize in his face my own son crying after his father shouted at him because he wants to sleep with us rather than in his own bed, except that this kid may have lost his bad, his home, father and mother, his brothers and sisters, and any hope in being held by a loving hand.

1 comment: